With more than 26,000 works on paper, from medieval manuscripts to contemporary photographs, IMA’s collection of prints, drawings and photographs is its largest permanent collection. The collection includes:
- One of nation’s leading collections of watercolors, prints and drawings by Joseph Mallord William Turner, master of English landscape painting. The collection includes 3,000 prints, 43 drawings and watercolors, and three major oils spanning more than 60 years of the artist's life.
- A representative group of Old Master prints and drawings with works by Dürer, Rembrandt and Goya.
- Prints by Paul Gauguin and the artists of his circle at Pont-Aven.
- Photographs by William Henry Fox Talbot, Julia Margaret Cameron, Alexander Rodchenko, Brassai, Robert Frank and Diane Arbus.
- Prints and drawings by American women artists of the 20th century.
- An extensive collection of prints and drawings by Indiana artists.