Expand your classroom, and make the collections, exhibitions and grounds of the IMA a part of your students' curriculum this year. The IMA offers resources and experiences that can enrich your homeschool program. Explore the variety of opportunities available to Pre-K through 12th grade homeschool educators and students.
Tours can be scheduled using the online tour request form.
Themed tours of the IMA galleries and hands-on art experiences are available to educational groups for grades preschool and up. All tours should be scheduled at least 3 weeks in advance of your visit. Guidelines
- Select a tour topic or hands-on art experience that is grade level appropriate to the majority of students in your group.
- If you schedule a guided tour or hands-on art experience and your group is over 10 students (the minimum number of students required for a guided tour), divide your group up before arrival so that the younger students are together and the older students are together. This allows our docents to tailor the gallery experience to the students' needs and abilities.
- For all hands-on art experiences every child and/or adult wishing to participate in the hands-on activity must pay the per student materials fee. Payment is due upon arrival at the IMA.
- To schedule a guided tour, a homeschool group must have a minimum of 10 students. Tours can be scheduled using the online tour request form.
- For all tours (guided and self-guided) a minimum of 1 adult chaperone for every 10 students is required.
- Homeschool groups interested in structuring their own exploration of the IMA can schedule a self-guided tour of the galleries, grounds and/or featured exhibitions. Visits must be scheduled at least 3 weeks in advance.
- To find out more about tours, see the online tour request form.
Periodically throughout the year the IMA hosts featured events and programs for home schools, which explore a variety of art from around the world and throughout history.
Please email the Manager of Academic Engagement and Learning Research to be added to the Homeschool list serve to stay up-to-date with all programs and events.