Majestic African Textiles
Majestic African Textiles presents a spectacular array of royal and prestige cloths, masking and ritual garments, and superbly beaded and embellished objects. Featuring more than 60 pieces drawn from the IMA’s collection and augmented with a few loans, the show highlights a significant and diverse group of richly patterned and elaborately decorated textiles from North and sub-Saharan Africa.
Organized geographically and representing various African ethnic groups, Majestic African Textiles is the first exhibition at the IMA to gather together a large number of these prized pieces to showcase their splendor and significance.
Take a docent-led tour of Majestic African Textiles.
- A very good reason to go to Indianapolis, Douglas Dawson Design Gallery blog
- Majestic African Textiles in Indiana until March 2014, HALI
- Majestic African Textiles exhibition at Indianapolis Museum of Art, Adire African Textiles blog
- Majestic African Textiles at IMA, Adire African Textiles blog
- A rare chief's robe at the Indianapolis Museum of Art, Adire African Textiles blog
- Majestic African Textiles at the Indianapolis Museum of Art - more views, Adire African Textiles blog
- Ai Weiwei and African textiles & art in Indianapolis, Moonraking blog