INSPIRED BY MATISSE: TERMS & CONDITIONS
(1) Eligibility: The Contest is offered and open to people of all ages, who are legal residents of the United States of America for the duration of the Contest. Submissions by children under the age of 13 will require parent or guardian consent. Such consent is presumed with the provision of a parent’s or guardian’s email address. Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors, vendors and legal advisors of the IMA, and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of such persons, are not eligible to win prizes although they may upload drawings to the Contest website. Void where prohibited by law. Offer not valid in Arizona, Florida, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont. At the IMA’s discretion, it may ask for proof that award of any prize is permissible in the apparent winner's jurisdiction and if the IMA, in its sole discretion, believes that a prize may not be permissible, it may make the award to an alternate entrant chosen in the same manner who appears to be eligible.
(2) Rules of Submission: An eligible participant may either submit his or her drawing using the drawing iPad app available in the Inspired by Matisse Studio at the IMA or by online form available on the Inspired by Matisse website. There is no limit to the number of drawings that may be submitted by one individual entrant. Entries must not contain any images that are obscene, vulgar, pornographic, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory or which otherwise violate any local or federal laws. The IMA reserves the right to remove any such images from the Contest at its sole discretion. All drawings submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any drawing he or she submits does not infringe on the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the drawings they are submitting are their own work and that they own the copyright for it. Copyright in all drawings submitted for this Contest remain with the respective entrants. However, each entrant agrees to grant to the IMA a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to feature any or all of the submitted drawings in any of its publications, its websites, and/or in any promotional or exhibition material connected to this Contest or other future uses as the IMA determines. Each entrant will also permit the IMA to use his or her name in connection with his or her drawing. Personal information provided by the participants through the submission form (e.g. email address, age and name) will only be used for the purpose of the contest and will not be shared with third parties. Name and age of the contest winners and finalists will be posted together with the submitted drawing in the Museum and on the Inspired by Matisse competition website.
(3) Winners: A jury chosen by the IMA will select three (3) winners each month at the beginning of October, November, December 2013, and January 2014 for each age category (0-5, 6-12, 13-17 and 18+). Prizes will also be awarded to the three (3) artists whose drawings at the end of the Promotion Period have the highest number of popular votes on the Inspired by Matisse website. Winners will be notified by email. All decisions by the IMA in regard to this Contest are final and binding in all respects. In order to claim a prize, a winner may be required to complete an affidavit or declaration of eligibility and/or liability and publicity release which must be signed and returned so that it is received within seven (7) days of date printed on notification or an alternate winner will be selected by the jury. If a selected winner is ineligible in any way, the entry will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. If a selected winner is not of the age of majority in that winner's state of residence, the prize may be awarded to the winner's parent or legal guardian. The IMA will not be responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners. Accepting a prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use the winner's name, voice, hometown and/or likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation. The IMA will not replace a lost or stolen prize.
(4) Prizes: The prizes for all categories will consist of products from the Matisse, Life in Color collection in the Museum Store. The Museum reserves the right to select the prizes.
(5) Conduct: By entering this Contest, you agree to be bound by these rules. Decisions of the judges are final and binding in all respects. The IMA reserves the right at its discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process, either in person or by mail; to be acting in violation of the Terms or Conditions; or to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
(6) Applicable Laws: These Terms and Conditions and the rights and obligations of both entrants and the IMA created hereunder are to be interpreted according to the laws of the state of Indiana.