Image reproductions may be licensed for scholarly, commercial, or personal/study uses. All requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and must include the name of the requester, intended use, author/publisher, expected date of publication, requested collection image, and photography format requirements.
- Image requests must be submitted four to six weeks prior to the date the material(s) are needed to ensure adequate processing time.
- Images will not be provided to the requester until the contract is countersigned and payment of any applicable fees is received by the Indianapolis Museum of Art.
- Images of works from the Indianapolis Museum of Art’s collection may not be reproduced without the express written permission of the institution and that of the copyright holder, when applicable. Copying or redistributing images in any form for personal or corporate gain is prohibited.
- The Indianapolis Museum of Art reserves the right to limit the number of copies; to refuse permission for inappropriate use; to charge fees different from those presented on this site.
- For more information regarding the publishing and/or commercial use of any image in the Indianapolis Museum of Art collection, please contact the Rights and Reproductions Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fill out the Image Request Form and view our Rights and Reproduction Fee Schedule for the latest pricing information.
Includes (but is not limited to) books, exhibition catalogues, and similar works published by libraries, museums, and non-profit organizations; public-television broadcasts; and other items made available to a relatively limited audience.
Includes (but is not limited to) personal, educational, or research purposes only and may not be published or reproduced.
Any image reproduced must be accompanied by the credit line supplied by the Indianapolis Museum of Art.
Please note that in many cases the Indianapolis Museum of Art owns only the physical object, and therefore, does not assume any responsibility for intellectual property, copyright, or any other legal issues involved in the publication and reproduction of items in its collection.
The Indianapolis Museum of Art’s reproduction charges do not include any fees due to the copyright owner or administrator (i.e.—the artist, representing gallery, artist’s estate, etc.). While the Rights and Reproductions Department will assist the applicant with contact information, it is the responsibility of the applicant to obtain permission from the copyright owner or administrator. The applicant must furnish written proof of copyright permission granted to the Rights and Reproductions Department prior to an image being released.