100 Acres Grand Opening
Bring the family and join the FREE celebration.
A very special opening "Tip Off" will occur at Free Basket near the Edgar and Dorothy Fehnel Entrance at 1 pm.
- Performance by Motus Dance Theatre >> Stratum Pier (12:45, 1:45, 2:45, 3:45, 4:45 pm)
- Drumming with JamX >> Funky Bones (noon, 2, 3, 4 pm)
- Throat singing by Arrington de Dionyso >> The Clearing (12:20, 2:20, 3:20, 4:20 pm)
- Do a team-building exercise >> Align (12:30, 1:30, 2:30, 3:30, 4:30 pm)
- Make noise with Arrington de Dionyso >> The Clearing (12:40, 2:40, 3:40, 4:40 pm)
- Take a docent-led tour of Park; ticket required >> Lake Terrace (1, 2, 3, 4 pm); 2 pm tour is offered in ASL
- Explore the nature of the Park with a Garden Guide; ticket required >> Lake Terrace (noon, 1, 2, 3, 4 pm); 2 pm tour is a 2-hour hike around the lake
- Architecture tour with Marlon Blackwell (1:30 & 3 pm) >> Visitors Pavilion
- Visit all of Bench Around the Lake, then upload your photos to imamuseum.org/flickr
- Play a game of “horse,” set to music by Epstein and DJ Kyle Long >> Free Basket
- Meet the residents of Indianapolis Island
- Purchase delicious summer fare provided by Nourish >> Meadow & Visitors Pavilion
- Make a nature-inspired sketch pad >> Visitors Pavilion
- Snap your picture with a life-size bug courtesy of Alice Farley Dance Theater >> Meadow
- Check out binoculars to get a closer look at the Park >> Visitors Pavilion
- Interact with technology related to 100 Acres >> Visitors Pavilion
- Celebrate National Pollinator Week, including an "observation hive" of honey bees from the Indiana Beekeeping School
- Ride your bike to the 100 Acres opening! Pedal & Park will provide free, secure bike parking.
- Take IndyGo (routes #38 & #34) and avoid parking hassles.
- Park at the main IMA campus, then walk to the Park from the IMA or catch the free trolley running between 100 Acres, the main IMA parking lot and the Major Taylor Velodrome (overflow parking location).
- This is a rain or shine celebration. Dress appropriately for the terrain and the weather. Dogs on leashes permitted.
Go Green...ride your bike to the event (free Pedal & Park Bike Corral) or take IndyGo!
OPENING WEEKEND SPONSOR