Hat Over Heels – Hats Off!: Lecture & Luncheon
The Toby and Deer Zink Special Events Pavilion
$75 all attendees, $600 Table of eight
Proceeds benefit the FAS Acquisition Fund. All but $20 of each ticket is tax deductible.
Don a fabulous hat and sensational shoes and join us for the Fashion Arts Society’s 3rd Annual “Hats Off” Lecture/Luncheon – Hat Over Heels! As the name suggests, this year we will “kick” things up a notch with an emphasis on the beloved Shoe.
Elizabeth Semmelhack, author and senior curator of the Bata Shoe Museum in Toronto, will present a lecture entitled Heights of Fashion: A Short History of the High Heel in the Toby at 11 am. The event will continue with a luncheon, served in the Deer Zink Special Events Pavilion, where hat and shoe themed prizes for men and women will be presented by an esteemed panel of judges. A silent auction and raffle will also take place with proceeds benefiting the FAS Acquisition Fund.
Hatless heads are also welcome, but shoes are a must!
Presented by the Fashion Arts Society.
- Hat Over Heels: The most stylish coordination of headwear and footwear
- Haute Headware: The most fashion-forward, cutting edge chapeau
- Hattitude: The most audacious, attention grabbing derby or church hat
- Bijoux Chapeau or Shoe: Making a statement with sparkling, jewel-like embellishments on hats or shoes
- Hatta Boy: A tip of the hat to the gentleman who dons a vintage or contemporary hat with finesse
- Hatastique: This Best of Show Award recognizes this year's best all-around ensemble
Judges: Nikki Blaine, Nikki Blaine Couture; Tracy Forner, co-host of WISH-TV's Indy Style; Elizabeth Semmelhack, Curator of the Bata Shoe Museum, Toronto.
11 – 11:45 am: The Toby
- FAS Annual Meeting
- Lecture: Heights of Fashion: A Short History of the High Heel by Elizabeth Semmelhack, Senior Curator of the Bata Shoe Museum, Toronto
11:45 am – 1:30 pm: Deer Zink Special Events Pavilion
- Registration & Networking
- Luncheon & Silent Auction
- Book-signing by Elizabeth Semmelhack
Purchase tickets online below or call Tim Cocagne at the IMA ticket line at 317-923-1331 ext 406. Having technical issues? Call 317-955-2339 for web support.
Generous support provided by the following:
Platinum Sponsor: Anonymous
Gold Sponsors: Betsy Pasquinelli, Bettinelli / Kat’s Kreatures; Jody DeFord, Red’s Shoe Diaries;
Parr Richey Obremskey Frandsen & Patterson LLP