Each specialty tour can be customized to fit the needs of the group and include a coupon for our gift shop. Fees vary depending on the number of guests per group and group add-ons. These tours feature fun and entertaining content and invite guests to look at art in a non-traditional way. Please click the button below to complete and submit the Specialty Tour Request Form to provide more information about your group and interests.
Cheers! Art & Beer Tour with Indy Brew Bus - (Every 2nd Thursday, $45)
This tour will look at libations featured in art from the IMA collection. Begin your tour by enjoying a taste of Sun King Brewery’s best seasonal or specialty beers. While the flavor is fresh on your lips – experience the art museum like never before from "shaken not stirred" to "beer for breakfast" learn the behind the scenes story of libations through the ages. Then, hop on the bright green Indy Brew Bus to sample a few more of Indy’s greatest breweries and cruise the Circle City. Ticketing is done through our partner Indy Brew Bus.
Bachelorette Party Tour (Scheduled tour, $20)
Get a private docent-led tour of the naughtier side of the IMA collection. This hour long tour features some scandal, romance and sexy content. Play a few games or test your art history knowledge with your bridesmaids. This tour is customized to fit the Bride’s personality whether she is eccentric & artsy or wild & loud. Participate in making a keepsake work of art for the bride to be and have an unforgettable time with your best friends.
Crown Hill Connections: Crown Hill Cemetery- Indianapolis Museum of Art Tour – (Scheduled tour, $23)
Learn about the history of Indianapolis and the connections between two of the city’s most notable sites: Crown Hill Cemetery and the Indianapolis Museum of Art. Begin with a walking tour of Crown Hill Cemetery and view the grave sites of notable American artists, poets and writers. After touring the cemetery, you will be shuttled across 38th Street to the IMA campus to see the artworks inspired and created by famous Indiana artists. Available May through October.
IMA Haunted History (Every last Thursday Evening, $32)
Legend has it that every building on the IMA campus has a ghostly resident. A figure of a man in a top hat can be seen roaming the Clowes Pavilion after hours, transparent apparitions of children have been caught on camera in the halls of the Lilly House, and growls can be heard late at night in the African gallery, where lingering spirits are still attached to the ceremonial objects on display. The IMA is partnering with Indy Fun Tours to bring you a spook-tacular tour like nothing you have ever experienced. Wear comfortable shoes; you will be walking to see sights where ghostly specters roam! Ticketing is done through our partner, Indy Fun Tours. Available May through October.
- All docent-led Adult Group Tours can be arranged for groups with 15 - 50 members at a rate of $18 per person.
- All group tours should be scheduled at least three weeks in advance using the online tour request form.
- All adult tour groups requesting specialty tours must pay the Indianapolis Museum of Art 50% of their total amount upon booking. No refunds will be given on deposits made for Specialty Tours.
- Groups interested in touring before regular Museum hours can schedule an Early Access tour with an additional fee added to the Docent-led tour price. Early Access tour is not available on our Sunday-Member Morning and is non-refundable and require a 100% deposit
- Any adult tour group touring the IMA Campus during operational hours must submit, over the phone, a credit card number to be held on file or complete and email the Credit Card authorization form within 3 business days or your tour date will be released. If the IMA does not receive payment for the tour within 7 business days after the scheduled tour date, the IMA will charge the credit card on file.
For prices, food accommodations and information on customizing your tour, please contact Megan Oldfather at (317) 923-1331 ext. 263 or firstname.lastname@example.org.