We've put together some helpful tips to help you plan and make the best of your IMA Adult Group Tour. Information can be found below and on our informational Know Before You Go document.
- All tour requests must be made at least three weeks in advance.
- Due to the expected high volume of attendance at some of our special exhibits, groups may not get their first choice for touring dates/times. Please include a second option when you request a tour date/time.
- Groups can choose to take self-guided tours during operational hours.
- Comfortable shoes are advised for garden tours. Some areas of the grounds have steps.
- The IMA is handicapped accessible; Lilly House is handicapped accessible, with an elevator available. Visit our Accessibility page for more information.
- Groups with limited mobility will be accommodated. Please provide information in special assistance box when completing the Tour Request Form.
- Non-flash photography is permitted—we encourage you to snap photos of your visit and share them on social media!
- Are you carrying a backpack, umbrella, shopping bag, or any bag bigger than 11 x 15 x 6 inches? If so, we ask that you store them in a locker during your stay in order to avoid accidentally damaging items in our exhibits. We even supply the quarters. Pick one up and return it to the Guest Services. Lockers are located behind the Guest Services Desk on Floor 1.
- After a long bus ride you are probably looking for the restrooms and a drink. Restrooms and the Café are located to the right of the Guest Services Desk on Floor 1.
- The galleries start on Floor 2. Go up the escalator or elevator next to the coat check to Floor 2, then head through the glass double doors and you are in!
- Please don't touch the art; even the lightest touch can damage a work of art. Your great-great-grandchildren will thank you. Keep in mind that we have some pieces that you can interact with and some hands-on activities as well.
- Good rule to follow; keep a distance of at least 1 foot or an arm’s length from the artwork. Even a sneeze can damage the artwork!
- We do not allow food or drink in the galleries, but we do have drinking fountains on all floors and a fabulous Café to grab a bite to eat on Floor 1.
- Feel free to text, tweet or listen to audio tours during your visit. For the best service, connect to our free Wi-Fi during your visit. Remember to tag @imamuseum on Twitter and Instagram so we can enjoy your visit along with you. We may even share it!
- Visit our Directions & Parking page for, well, directions and parking.
- The IMA Café is ideal for a quick bite or a leisurely meal. Visit the IMA Café page for information.