Adult Group Tours
Adult Group Tours can be arranged for groups with at least 10 members. Tours are led by trained educators who engage participants and stimulate discussion. Each tour lasts approximately one hour and can be tailored to meet a variety of interests. Adult Group Tours are free with the exception of for-profit groups, which are charged $3 per person.
All group tours should be scheduled at least three weeks in advance using the online tour request form, available at the bottom of the page. If you are attempting to submit a student tour request, please visit the K-12 school tour request form or the colleges and universities tour request form.
When visiting the IMA, groups can choose from several docent-led tours, self-guided tours, and tours for blind/low-vision visitors. All tours need to be booked at least three weeks in advance using the online tour form at the bottom of this page.
Guided Adult Group Tours
The IMA offers a variety of group tours of the galleries, the gardens, Oldfields and the Art & Nature Park led by a trained guide. We also offer guided audio descriptions and touchable tours for blind-low vision visitors, as well as garden tours for people with limited mobility.
For a detailed description of all expert-led group tours, download the PDF below.
Self-Guided Adult Group Tours
Visitors interested in structuring their own exploration of the IMA can schedule a self-guided tour of the galleries, grounds and/or special exhibitions.
- Gallery tours are available year round.
- Oldfields tours are available April through December.
- Gardens and Art & Nature Park tours are available April through October, weather permitting.
- Tours for blind/low visions visitors are available all year round.
- All tours are offered during regular IMA hours. On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, there is an option for groups to start their tour at 10 am.
- The gardens and grounds are open from dawn until dusk every day. Guided group tours of the gardens can be arranged at any time during daylight hours.
- Comfortable shoes are advised for garden tours. Some areas of the grounds have steps.
- The IMA is handicapped accessible; Lilly House is handicapped accessible, with an elevator available.
- Parking details can be found here.
- Reservations must be made at least three weeks in advance.
- Groups can choose to take self-guided tours.
- The IMA's café is ideal for a quick bite or a leisurely meal with hand-crafted soups, seasonal salads, artisan sandwiches and comforting pasta dishes and pizza. Nourish also serves espresso, cappuccino, and fresh juice drinks.
- Other dining options are available, including boxed lunches in the Fountain Room.