The Orchard

Designed by Percival Gallagher during the period of 1920-1927, and restored with the help of a generous gift by Mr. and Mrs. Gene Tanner, the Tanner Orchard makes use of an attractive gate and arbor, borders of perennial flowers, and strolling paths to complement its utilitarian nature. A featured garden during the Country Place Era, the Tanner Orchard, formerly referred to as the “East Vegetable Garden,” features fruit trees such as apple and cherry along with heirloom vegetables.