Directions & Parking
NOTE: The Columbus Area Visitors Center is approximately 50 miles from the Indianapolis Museum of Art.
All tours will begin at the Columbus Area Visitors Center. Visitors will be transported to Miller House and Garden via shuttle. Because of the property’s location in a residential neighborhood, no visitors can be received directly at the Miller property, whether arriving by vehicle or on foot. Please arrive to the Columbus Area Visitors Center 20 minutes before your scheduled tour. The address is: 506 Fifth Street, Columbus, IN 47201.
Directions from Indianapolis, Louisville
- From the I-65 exit (exit #68), follow SR 46 East into Columbus.
- Continue on SR 46E through the stoplight at the intersection with Indiana Highway 11 and cross the red bridge in the center lane, you will see the courthouse straight ahead.
- Move to the left lane once you have merged onto Second Street, after the stoplight, and as you pass the courthouse.
- Proceed two blocks east to Franklin Street, watch for brown directional sign for the Visitors Center.
- Turn left onto Franklin Street, a one-way street north, proceed three blocks.
- The Visitors Center is on the northeast corner of Fifth & Franklin Street and will be on your right. You may park behind the building – turn right into the parking lot from Franklin Street.
Directions from Cincinnati
- From Cincinnati take I-74 to the Greensburg exit #134A.
- From Greensburg, follow State Road 46 West to Columbus.
- Upon entering the outskirts of Columbus, you will cross the Clifty Creek Bridge; stay on 46W to Franklin Street (from the bridge it is approximately 2-3 miles to Franklin Street).
- You will pass a Dairy Queen on the right, where there is a stoplight.
- The next light is Franklin Street; turn right on Franklin (a one-way street north).
- Proceed north two blocks to Fifth Street; the Visitors Center will be on the northeast corner on your right. You may park behind the building - turn right into the parking lot from Franklin Street.