Adult Group Tours
With more than 54,000 works that span 5,000 years of history from across the world's continents, the Indianapolis Museum of Art offers groups entertaining and enriching experiences with art, nature, and design. Special tours highlighting exhibitions, the Virginia B. Fairbanks Art & Nature Park: 100 Acres, and Oldfields—Lilly House & Gardens are available for school, professional, and social groups.
Adult Group Tours can be arranged for groups with at least 10 members and are free with the exception of for-profit groups, which are charged $3 per person.
All group tours should be scheduled at least three weeks in advance using the online tour request form, available at the bottom of this page. To book a tour for students (K-12, colleges/universities), please visit the Schools & Universities Tours page.
All tours need to be booked at least three weeks in advance using the online tour form at the bottom of this page.
Guided Adult Group Tours
Trained educators lead the tours and engage participants and stimulate discussion. Each tour lasts approximately one hour and can be tailored to meet a variety of interests. For a detailed description of all expert-led group tours, download the PDF below.
Self-Guided Adult Group Tours
Visitors interested in structuring their own exploration of the IMA can schedule a self-guided tour of the galleries, grounds and/or special exhibitions.
Tours for Blind/Partially-Sighted Visitors and those with limited mobility
We offer guided audio descriptions and touchable tours for blind or partially sighted visitors, as well as garden tours for people with limited mobility.
- Gallery tours are available year round.
- Lilly House tours are available April through December.
- Tours of the gardens and the Virginia B. Fairbanks Art & Nature Park:100 Acres are available April through October, weather permitting.
- Tours for blind/low visions visitors are available all year round.
- All tours are available during regular IMA hours. On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, there is an option for groups to start their tour at 10 am.
- The gardens and grounds are open from dawn until dusk every day. Guided group tours of the gardens can be arranged at any time during daylight hours.
- Reservations must be made at least three weeks in advance.
- Groups can choose to take self-guided tours.
- Comfortable shoes are advised for garden tours. Some areas of the grounds have steps.
- The IMA is handicapped accessible; Lilly House is handicapped accessible, with an elevator available. Visit our Accessibility page for more information.
- Visit our Directions & Parking page for, well, directions and parking.
- The IMA Café is ideal for a quick bite or a leisurely meal. Visit the IMA Café page for information.